The service

FNM S.p.A. owns 60% of the shares of Nord Energia S.p.A. (the remaining 40% is controlled by AET – Azienda Elettrica Ticinese), a company founded to build and manage a power station and a power line for the production and the transfer of electricity from Canton Ticino in Switzerland to Lombardy. The aim is to fulfill FNM Group's energy needs and also to sell electric power in the region's market and at the same time to make the electricity network in the Ticino territory safe.

The Society

Nord Energia S.p.A. was founded in 2003 as a joint venture with the swiss Azienda Elettrica Ticinese (AET) for the commercial management of the rights related to the interconnection line Mendrisio-Cagno. FNM S.p.A. owns 60% of the company's shares, while the remaining 40% are controlled by AET.